Market Riff 4
Welcome to the 4th in my Abstract series inspired from an older plein air painting.
My plein air work is completely based in observing; painting what I see. What I enjoy about abstract work is being able to disengage from that; to play and not be tied to reality. It takes me a bit of "loosening up" to really get disengaged...it is a process, one I enjoy because there are discoveries all along the way.
Read about how this series developed and see the painting that inspired this series on my Blog. You can see how this painting is less representational than my 1st. Which details you let go of, which lines or shapes you decide to accent...so many options.
- Original gouache/mixed media on paper
- 6" x 6" painting adhered to wood panel, sealed with cold wax
- wooden floater frame with silver accent, back is wired, ready to hang out of box.
- Great gift idea!! For loved one, friend or yourself!!
- Sign up for email list here for 1st hand information about my process and rare exclusive discounts in future.