Responding to the initial marks of that sketch made at the very beginning put me in mind of a landscape. I applied a number of layers of paint to this painting only to wipe them right back off again. They just were wrong and I knew it as soon as I applied them. And so I stopped trying to change it so much. I concentrated more on adding elements, like the dark bands, and drawing as well as some layers of color that I pulled from other paintings in the series.
It is a quieter painting. It did not succumb to the bravado of its neighbors. I certainly came to respect that.
- Original oil painting on wood panel
- Painting is 8 x 8 inches
- Wooden black frame with silver accent
- Frame dimension is 9 x 9 x 1.5 inches
- Painting is framed, wired, ready to hang
- If interested in more information about how this series developed read my blog about it HERE
- To keep in touch after 25 Days of Minis, Please Sign Up for my email list above