This one is an anomaly. It’s not urban. It didn’t want to be urban. It fought me from day one. When you do a series like this, where the specific panels that I laid out and made marks on and it had to be those panels…. there was bound to be one that was going to be a rebel. I had a few that fought me; this one flat out rebelled and so in the end I just went with it.
From day one I thought winter storm… I thought rain storm… I thought Van Gogh’s rain painting, but I kept saying that’s not urban, that’s not urban landscape and I told everybody I’m doing urban landscapes…. I can’t put out a field painting! So in the end, the painting won out mostly but I did add some elements that I feel pull it into the series. Fact it I really liked it and so I added more palette knife arks and just went with what was there instead of fighting it.
- Original oil painting on wood panel
- Painting is 8 x 8 inches
- Wooden black frame with silver accent
- Frame dimension is 9 x 9 inches
- Painting is framed, wired, ready to hang
- If interested in more information about how this series developed read my blog about it HERE
- Please keep in touch after 25 Days of Minis, Please Sign Up for my email list above