The initial marks on this panel were not terribly inspiring. I painted on it some, but was not sure where I was going, so I opted to work on other panels. That is one advantage of having so many to work on! But at some point I found myself staring this panel down. Some simplification I had done on other panels had been successful, so I decided to attempt that here; I liked drawing into the paint and doing some Sgraffito, scratching into the paint, so I wanted continue to play with that as well.
I really was feeling pretty free with this and having fun. Sometimes that's what it takes...being willing to go for it and see what happens. It helps to be in the right mind set for that and this day I was. I think that's why I like the title...Rejoicing...I did just that when things started working in this painting!
- Original oil painting on wood panel
- Painting is 8 x 8 inches
- Wooden black frame with silver accent
- Frame dimension is 9 x 9 x 1.5 inches
- Painting is framed, wired, ready to hang
- If interested in more information about how this series developed read my blog about it HERE
- To keep in touch after 25 Days of Minis, Please Sign Up for my email newsletter list above