This painting kind of has the feeling of a memory to me. Maybe it’s that steeple in the distance that gives it that quality.
When I decided to do this Streets and Steeples series and I looked up this street, I knew I had another one for the series. This is a place I pass frequently, but had never seen it as a painting before. Funny how that happen sometimes.
On this one day, the sun was gleaming and I saw all that pavement, the paint marks and then that steeple and bit of sky in the distance…it just struck me, and I wanted to paint it. Luckily, I was doing this series and got right to it rather than putting it on my long "paint someday" list.
- Original oil painting on wood panel
- Painting is 6 x 8 inches
- Frame is 7 x 9 x 1.5 inches
- Wooden black frame with silver accent
- Painted plein air on locations
- Painting is framed, wired, ready to hang