I had to make a decision on some of these paintings. My intention was to respond to the original marks from that original sketch (Read my blog to learn about that) and I wanted to stay true to that, so the mission here was to react to those initial marks, think urban landscape and make some more marks.
Now on this painting, those initial marks were fairly organic and not very “urban”. I could go in and make squares, rectangles and add poles and change the quality completely. I did think about that, but I wanted to keep at least some of the original marks not just obliterate them and start over. So this painting is more about texture, color and rhythm.
- Original oil painting on wood panel
- Painting is 8 x 8 inches
- Wooden black frame with silver accent
- Frame dimension is 9 x 9 x 1.5 inches
- Painting is framed, wired, ready to hang
- If interested in more information about how this series developed read my blog about it HERE
- To keep in touch after 25 minis is over...Sign Up for my email in menu above!